Earn one college credit toward your Media Arts and Studies degree at Ohio University when you attend this year's summer workshop. The School of Media Arts & Studies will hold its expanded high school media workshop in July. The workshop offers high school students the opportunity to interact with our faculty while learning the latest techniques in audio & music, video, animation, social media, and specializations in many additional academic areas. Photos and projects from the extremely successful 2014 workshop are available here.
Are you interested in Media Arts? Join us in Athens from July 8-11, 2015, when attendees will:
- Participate in hands-on workshops to learn skills and trends in audio and video production, animation and game design, careers in social media, and specializations in many additional academic areas.
- High school juniors and seniors with a grade point average of 3.0 or above are eligible to receive one free hour of college credit upon enrollment in Ohio University's School of Media Art's & Studies.
- Get acquainted with MDIA faculty and enjoy the beautiful Athens campus.
- Network with media students from across Ohio and beyond.
Registration is $375 and includes a three-night stay in the Ohio University dorms (Shively Hall) as well as all meals and bed linens / pillow. All students will enjoy a three-night stay on our beautiful campus complete with engaging sessions and exciting activities. Parking passes are also available during registration.
A limited number of competitive scholarships are available for students from underrepresented groups.
! Register Today !
Our staff for the 2015 workshop includes:
* Please note that registration is final and nonrefundable on June 5th, 2015 to ensure the best-possible event for all in attendance.